Friday, February 22, 2013

The "Anywhere Chair" (for babies)

While browsing Pinterest, I saw a cute pattern for something called the "Anywhere Chair" by Marzipan.  I got out my material and cut out the pieces as specified on the post.  That was where I got lost (I have been sick this week, so that could have been it).  I was confused by the instructions and was unsure of where to put things.  I am a very visual person, so I decided to write out the steps that I did. 
My version of the Anywhere chair.  It Velcros in the back and the front to secure baby.

Cut out your materials.  Use a circular object to trace and cut curves for the edges. (the two larger fabric pieces, not the small one.)

I laid the small piece along the edges to mark where I should sew to.  I chose that to be the opening that I will turn right side out with.

Turn right side out

I ironed the fabric flat, which makes a difference when you compare the before and after, a very slight difference.  When you top stitch around, ironing makes the job easier and look sharper.
Here is a diagram showing where I put the velcro.

Sew velcro on the smaller piece

Sew velcro on the larger piece.

The final project.  I was putting this on to see how it goes together.  If I was to put a baby in it, I would have it go around the middle slats in the chair. 

The bottom piece folds over and velcros baby in making it safe.

Large velcro strap for the strap that goes around the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment